Access a World of Knowledge
As a REALTOR® University student, the largest real estate library in the world is at your fingertips. Check out a real estate book online, download a video, or stop by in person at our library in Chicago. Students receive unlimited access to the library while completing our Master of Real Estate program, and can maintain access as alumni as well!
The National Association of REALTORS® has been building this esteemed collection since 1923 to include:
- A physical library of thousands of reports, CDs, DVDs, videos, and audiotapes
- Business, academic, and general interest journals (most in full-text format) available online through EBSCO
- Librarian access to additional research databases like Factiva and Lexis-Nexis
- More than 4,500 digital books, audio books, and videos on residential and commercial real estate sales, sales and marketing, property management, appraisal, and association management
- Nearly 200 active journal subscriptions in print format and more than double that amount in discontinued journals for historical research
- 150 “Field Guide” pathfinders to timely and evergreen real estate topics
- The NAR historical archives collection of 1,750 linear feet of physical material and over 500,000 digitized pages and images
- A growing collection of video tutorials on topics such as using the digital books collection, EBSCO, and NAR’s historical archives.
Check Out a Real Estate Book Online, by Mail, or in Person
So how do you access this valuable resource? Like any traditional library, you simply check it out. Conveniently download a video or real estate book online, and it will automatically expire when the lending period ends. Some titles may also be burned to CD for permanent use. To access our physical library, students may request items through the library catalog, or if you live in or around Chicago, you can visit our library in person and check out resources from there.
Connect with Our Specialists
The Library is staffed by 14 highly trained specialists, five of which are degreed librarians. These experts are trained to find answers to everything from quick reference questions to more complex and in-depth research requests. They are also subject specialists and can assist in the areas of policy, legislation, history, statistics, and sales. And as a REALTOR® University student, you have access to our librarians by phone at (800) 874-6500, web chat, Skype, Twitter, Facebook, and by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the Library of Our Online School of Real Estate Grow
The Library is constantly expanding, and committed to offer the most relevant and up-to-date resources. As part of a three-year budget cycle, the library is prepared to spend close to $1,000,000 in the next three years on books, digital books, and annual publications, journal subscriptions and commercial databases such as Proquest, Factiva and Lexis-Nexis.
Are you ready to experience our online school of real estate? Learn more about courses and curriculum for earning a Master’s degree in real estate.