A Strong Foundation for YOUR Business
A business background is essential to any profession; but your business isn't on Wall Street, or in corporate America. That is why our Business Core is so unique. We've taken the body of knowledge critical to understanding the key components of business, and applied it to you and your real estate career.
For students who have not completed business coursework in their undergraduate program, our Business Core consists of the following courses, and you must complete at least 6 of these courses to meet our degree requirements.
- BC510 - General Accounting - Learn technical, analytical and interpretive skills related to financial reporting and business taxation
- BC520 - Business Law - Realize the legal implications for business managers, and better interpret contracts and insurance documentation
- BC530 - Marketing Management - Understand various aspects of strategic communication, market research, and building a marketing plan
- BC550 - Financial Management - Comprehend the three principles areas of finance: financial management, capital markets, and investments
- BC556 - Money & Banking - Identify the role and function of the banking system and financial markets
- BC560 - Overview of Economic Theory and Principles - Apply micro-and macro-economic principles into your business forecasting and decision making
- BC570 - Business Management - Gain critical thinking, problem solving, and strategic planning skills relevant to managing and building your business